These can be used to study various aspects of a painting, from changes to underdrawings and pentimenti in the work to underpainting and transmission of pigments at different wavelengths when using our filter Set. If you're looking to create detailed, high quality, high-resolution infrared images, Apollo is the IR camera system for you.
In contrast to Osiris’s line sensor, Apollo uses an area sensor to capture thousands of tiles that are all automatically and seamlessly stitched using our new advanced imaging software.
This latest infrared camera represents a huge improvement in dynamic range, capturing fine details even across demanding light and dark areas of your subject. An adjustable histogram within the software allows you to get the most out of this dynamic range, both when viewing an infrared reflectogram, and to help you get the most out of your lighting when setting up.
A variety of pre-set exposure times mean you can adapt your settings to your subject and respond to the demands of your subject. This is particularly good news if you plan on making use of the Opus Instruments Filter Set that allows you to study the transmission of pigments at different bands within the spectral sensitivity of the camera.
- High resolution (up to 26MP images)
- Higher image quality due to high dynamic range (HDR)
- New custom software
- Advanced automated stitching
- Adjustable histogram and image display
- 16bit data allows you to explore detail in both light and dark regions
Using an area sensor also allows us to provide a live preview of the current image tile that can be updated in real-time. This is fantastic news for focusing and greatly reduces the time it takes to get set up.
With a pixel pitch of 20µm, Apollo captures high-resolution images over the same area as Osiris, while taking advantage of sensor cooling to reduce noise. Making use of the entire imaging area will give you a ~26MP image that can be saved in a variety of file formats including TIFF and PNG to ensure you can keep all of your data in a format that suits you.
All of this comes packaged in a robust flight case, keeping the full portability and accessibility of Osiris so you’re ready to follow wherever your research takes you.
Apollo Software Features
- 16-bit image format, output to Tiff, PNG, FIT (or 8-bit JPEG).
- Fast focus mode, with numerical focus guide.
- Subject framing assistance with diagonal and vertical/horizontal line capture.
- Automatic dark frame taken at the start of each capture session to adjust for thermal signal.
- Contrast and black/white adjustment in the application, with option to output adjusted or original data.